Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Believe

Ok, so the daily entry attempt failed miserably, but there’s still hope. There’s still time. There are a couple days left in this year and hopefully a number of days to be experienced and thankful for next year. So, I will again begin the task.

I am thankful for 2009 and look forward to 2010.

I was thinking about showing a post from John Piper’s blog entered back in November of 2008; but not today, maybe tomorrow. For today, my wife suggested that I be thankful for Christmas.

She proclaimed boldly, “We pulled it off. It was magical. It snowed. Santa did come, and they believed.”

Her words tickled my ear and for this I am thankful. For Kaisha grasping at satisfaction I am also thankful. But mostly, I am thankful that the words above will be repeated someday in a slightly different manner.

As we join in communion with Christ we will one day be able to join in the celebration feast of “Pulling it off”. It will be magical, as it has been for all time. The grace and mercy of God our Father through Jesus Christ our Lord has rained down upon us, or in this case snowed down, and Jesus did come. (I know, odd comparison of Jesus and Santa – I do ask forgiveness for this – but hopefully you see where I am) And finally we did, you did, they did believe.


-Glory-


In John 6 - Jesus answered them, "This is the work of God, that you believe…”

I pray your Christmas was magical in whatever fashion you celebrate. But more deeply I plead that you feel the magic, experience the snow, are touched by Jesus and believe in all he is…this year, next year, and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment