Friday, December 4, 2009

"Jingle Bells, Daddy"

I know I know, shut up about the kids, but I have been taken back by how adorably sweet Mattie is this Christmas.

For the last two days my mother has kept Emma during the day. Mattie and I go by after work to pick her up. Mattie gets so tickled at MeMe’s door mat and wreath, “Jingle Bells, Daddy”. Her face glows with excitement each time she notices a new Christmas decoration. MeMe now has ten stockings hung by her chimney, at least four table top trees and garland hung everywhere. The lights and color, the warmth and joy, the cookies and candy has Mattie beaming. She is beautiful, sweet, happy, silly, and just plain fun.

For this, I am thankful

With kids at these ages I expect a certain amount of holiday spirit but the volume shown has given me pause. Even with all the craziness, worry, insecurity, and confusion of life I have to take a moment and settle in for a Great Christmas. These ages; these reactions; will really only be around for a short time. I am planning on soaking as much in as I can.

I hope you take time to be thankful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment