Thursday, December 10, 2009

Skate Center Christmas

We skated.

I skated.

Kaisha skated.

Samuel - shuffled around while on wheels.

Mattie - fell, crawled, shuffled, and fell again.

Emma took a nap.

I am thankful that our worst injury was when Samuel bit through his tongue; causing a slight blood scare. I noticed later a few droplets out on the "rink". But as they say out on the "rink", "Don't slow down, you might fall." That's what I say at least.

We skated under disco balls and flashing lights.

We did the "Hokey Pokey".

We ate pizza

We had a coke.

We skated, 80's music and all.

I am thankful for the silliness of last night. And for the silliness of today; I ate at a German restaurant with a friend. I had knakworst and bratwurst, schnitzel and spaetzle, red cabbage and brussel sprouts. Tomorrow we are going to a parade, my family and I, not the friend I ate German with. Samuel is having an inside camp-out for his birthday Friday night. We are having breakfast with Santa Saturday morning and Christmas with the family Saturday night. We are having two more Christmas's next week. Then another one on Eve and Day. And don't forget that Santa Claus is coming to town.

Sometimes I think our life is the, "Hokey Pokey".

And during all of the seemingly random, yet well planned events, over the next couple weeks Samuel will shuffle around, Mattie will take a couple falls, and Emma will take a nap. For this I am thankful. Can't slow down, we might fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment