Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wind

He who forms the mountains,
creates the wind,
and reveals his thoughts to man,
he who turns dawn to darkness,
and treads the high places of the earth—
the LORD God Almighty is his name.
(Amos 4)

Today, I am thankful for the wind.

The Hebrew word for wind is often interchanged through various translations with the words for breath and spirit. I, not being a scholar, do not fully understand why so many words seem to have different meaning, pending on who does the translating, but at simple face value, I appreciate this thought.

The God of the Hebrews, Elohim, offers his wind, his breath, his spirit today for our consumption, our appreciation, and our enjoyment.

I experienced this touch of the Lord God Almighty today during a brief lunch break. In his merciful form God has kissed the surface of Lake Wilson today with an awesome display of his Glory in the form of a rapidly advancing cold front. His wind; his breath; his spirit have transformed a calm lake into mighty and turbulent soup. The lake feels more like the ocean than a river. Large waves pound the banks. Glistening sunlight blinds in its reflection and seagulls struggle to fight the volatile gusts.

To quote a friend, “My, that sure is a purty river.”

Today I am thankful the LORD has lifted his Spirit within me by Breathing his Wind over me.

May you also experience the creation of the wind today and know the LORD God Almighty is his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment