Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day

Proverbs 31:21

" When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet."

Or as Eugene Peterson translates in the Message.

"She doesn't worry about her family when it snows; their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear."

Kaisha, the kids, and I bundled up yesterday in our best scarlet, ok maybe not scarlet but in some pretty decent looking winter cloths. We set out into the snow for a trek around the neighborhood ending with a fairly nice snowball fight and the construction of a miniature snowman ice skating on our pond.

Kaisha made the comment that this event would make the blog, so to self elect a prophetess in the family I scribe these few lines...

"An excellent woman, who can find?"

Kaisha did most of the bundling. Layer upon layer, hats, gloves, scarves all on whiny little kids that of course had to relieve themselves after realizing they where fully clothed.

For my wife, I am thankful. For our walk, I am thankful. And for the gracious peace of falling snow purifying our reality with a covering of white, I am thankful.

A great 1st snow day of 2010.

Roll Tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment