Monday, November 30, 2009

Pasta

Samuel, my oldest, stood boldly in front of me last evening requesting assistance. He needed help. In one hand he held a lovely multicolored penne pasta necklace, in the other he held a spool of clear tape. There had been chaos in his world of dry noodle adornment resulting in a fracture, in fact, a clean break had occurred rendering one piece un-usable entirely. His request was simple. Please help.

We first thought it possible to join together as a team, one holding the pasta while the other took on the job of taping. This apparently causes many problems. On the rare occasion the tape adhered to the noodle properly the pieces would convulse into an unsolvable puzzle rendering the task vain. My larger hands combined with his rather unsteady smaller appendages simply did not work well together.

In the end he surrendered the entire job of re-creation to his father. After a few minutes there was success and I can proudly say we have a fully reconciled pasta necklace on hand.

For this experience, I am thankful.

I simply pray that I remember to take all my major problems to my Father, surrendering all to his expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment